Famous People and Their Last Words


Search: George Washington
Last words: (historians disagree over these three): "It is well, I die hard, but I am not afraid to go." "I am just going. Have me decently buried, and don't let my body be put into the vault in less than three days after I am dead. Do you understand? "'Tis well, 'Tis well."

Search: President Abraham Lincoln
Last words: "They won't think anything about it" (after Mary Todd Lincoln asked him what the audience members at Ford's Theater might think of two old people holding hands).

Search: President John F. Kennedy
Last words: "If someone is going to kill me, they will kill me" (upon arriving in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963).

Search: Joan Crawford
Last words: "Damn it... don't you dare ask God to help me." (Who did she say them to?)

Search: Elvis Presley
Last words: "I hope I haven't bored you" (ending his last press conference). Other reports say his last words were: "OK, I won't" (last words spoken to this woman, who told him on the way to the bathroom not to "fall asleep in there").

Search: James Dean
Last words: "That guy's got to stop ... he'll see us."

Search: Marilyn Monroe
Last words: "Say goodbye to Pat (who?), say goodbye to Jack (see previous sentence) and say goodbye to yourself, because you're a nice guy." (Who did she say that to?)

Search: Tammy Faye Messner
Last words: "I'm in the hands of Jesus."

Search: Tim Russert
Last words: "What's happening?" (what did he mean?), spoken as a greeting to a colleague).

Search: Frank Sinatra
Last words: "I'm losing." Other sources say, "I'm losing it" (according to his daughter).

Search: Barry White
Last words: "Leave me alone. I'm fine."

Search: Edgar Allan Poe
Last words: "Lord, help my poor soul."

Search: Virginia Woolf
Last words: "I feel certain that I'm going mad again. I feel we can't go through another of those terrible times. And I shan't recover this time. I begin to hear voices."

Search: Pablo Picasso
Last words: "Drink to me!" Other reports say, "Drink to me. Drink to my health. You know I can't drink anymore."

Search: Marvin Gaye
Last words: "Mother, I'm going to get my things and get out of this house. Father hates me, and I'm never coming back."

Search: John Lennon
Last words: "Yes, I am" (while sitting in a police car on the way to the hospital, after officers asked him if he was John Lennon).

Search: Bob Marley
Last words: "Money can't buy life" (to one of his sons).

Search: Malcolm X
Last words: "Cool it, brothers." Other reports say, "Now, now, brothers, break it up, be cool, be calm." Still others say, "Brothers, brothers, please! This is a house of peace."

Search: Robert F. Kennedy
Last words: "Is everyone else all right?" (whispered to his wife)

Search: Martin Luther King Jr.
Last words: "Make sure you play 'Take My Hand, Precious Lord.' Play it real pretty" (some disagree on the exact wording of this comment to musician Ben Branch, who was to perform at an event that evening).

Search: Mother Teresa
Last words: "Jesus, I love you. Jesus, I love you."

Search: Pope John Paul II
Last words: "Amen"

Search: Babe Ruth
Last words: "I'm going over the valley."

Search: Joe DiMaggio
Last words: "I finally get to see Marilyn" (referring to his ex-wife).

Search: Saddam Hussein
Last words: "I swear there is no God but Allah and Muhammad..."

Search: Al Capone
Last words: "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can get with a kind word alone."

Search: Winston Churchill
Last words: "I'm bored with it all."

Search: Diana Spencer
Last words: "My God. What's happened?"

(msn.com)

wdcfawqafwef